Easy Steps to Backup and Restore files in Windows 10
Submitted by haileylewisus
226 day(s) ago (Server time: 17.08.2019 13:24:44)
Losing your important data while working on a computer system is one of the most painful things. Here, it is essential to know that, how to retrieve your deleted data? Although, there are a number of third-party software programs that allow you to retrieve files, but this is really a long procedure to identify and download that type of application. Don’t worry! Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt “Backup and Restore files” option, thus you can avoid time-taking process.
Here, you will find that making backups using the ‘File History’ is very easy and simple-to-use. If you are not aware about how to use this option, then the following guide will help you to understand for creating backup and restoring files via the ‘File History’. Still, you can also access the Windows 10 support service in case you experience any issue. Have a look for the following guidelines.
- Firstly, go to the “Start” menu, and then choose the “Settings” option. After that, you can hit on the “Update & Security” tab.
- Subsequently, hit on the “Backup” option, now you will get the “Add a drive” option, simply hit on that.
- Later, choose an external drive or network setting for your backups.
- Just, click on the “More Options”, thus you will get some extra options.
- Now, you will be able to retrieve everything in the user folder.
Restore a file
- In order to restore a file, just enter “restore files” in the taskbar search.
- Here, you will get the “Restore your files with file History” option placed in the search results, simply choose it. Now, the “Control Panel” will be opened up.
- Later, choose the “Restore personal files” option. Subsequently, the “Home of File History” will display. Now, you can see all the folders inside your “Libraries”.
- Here, you need to locate for the file you want to retrieve, and utilize the arrow key to see all its versions.
- When you find the specified version, just hit on the “Restore” blue button located at the bottom side to save the chosen file in its right place.
- Next, you will see a confirmation box that asks you to verify the replacement. Simply choose the correct option.
- After that, hit on the “Replace the file in the destination folder” option to restore the file.
Now, you will be able to backup and restore your files in Windows 10 by following these simple guidelines. However, if you need any expert assistance, simply avail the Contactforhelp and find the Window 10 support number. By dialing this number, you can get instant technical assistance from the dedicated professional.
- Window 10 support number
- window 10 live chat
- contact window 10
Comments so far
You could also like